As part of 60+ cities around the world, TEDxCapeTown has created a local TEDxCity2.0 event - a day of urban inspiration on 13 October 2012 - to share ideas that matter in our city. From transport to infrastructure, music to art, strategy to urban planning – learn more about these complex creatures called cities.
Perhaps you live in another city, or didn’t get to buy tickets in time, we invite you to join us online and listen to ideas worth spreading via webcast! Cities belong to all of us, citizen-powered change is the future, be part of it.
While you could just log-on from your laptop and watch all on your own on Saturday morning, why not organise a 'TEDxCity2.0 simulcast screening' - your very own TEDxCity2.0 gathering in the spirit of ideas worth spreading. It's simple:
Before Friday 12 October:
- Block out Saturday 13 October from 9:30am - 1:00pm for TEDxCapeTown's City2.0 and host your own ‘simulcast’ screening of TEDxCapeTown’s City2.0 (which will be webcast live)
- Select a comfy place with good internet bandwidth - your home, place of work etc
- Invite friends, neighbours, family members and fellow citizens to your gathering by tweeting about your screening and posting it on Facebook (and asking them in person)
- Create a theme to inspire all your group gatherees to dress for creative city-inspired TEDxCity2.0 in the spirit of ideas worth spreading – prize for most creative on the day*
- Email us on email@example.com to tell us about it (who you are and where you’ll be watching) so we can welcome you and stand a chance to win exciting prizes on the day*
- Visit www.tedxcapetown.org/tedxcity20 for global TEDxCity2.0 speakers and more!
On Friday 12 October:
- If you’re in Cape Town, come join us on the rooftop of the Freeworld Design Centre from 6-9pm for sundowners and inspiration with Table Mountain as our majestic background
- After work and before heading out, the TEDxCity2.0 before party is the perfect dose of networking and fun to get your weekend started (Tickets R50 for non-TEDx attendees)
- There will be a cash bar, food to buy as well as some music and good times
On Saturday 13 October:
- Get your group dressed for your creative, inspired simulcast screening and tweet a photo to @TEDxCapeTown – prizes on the day for most interactive, and creatively dressed simulcast *
- Log-on to Livestream's TEDxCapeTown event and select to watch TEDxCapeTown's City2.0
- Have a TEDx brunch together or get the popcorn to watch ideas worth spreading while tweeting and interacting from the comfort of your chosen simulcast screening
- We look forward to sharing this day to learn and engage with opportunities in our city, in the spirit of City2.0 ‘citizen-powered change’ – how do you want your city to be?
Design your community. Design your Cape Town.
* Prizes on the day include Nokia smart phones and will be announced on the live stream at the event. Another competition, following TEDxCity2.0, will also be announced during the event. Stay tuned to your simulcast to find out how you can explore your city and its ideas worth spreading!