City 2.0 xLab - Engagement Worth Spreading
As part of TEDxCapeTown and the worldwide TEDxCity2.0 taking place on 13 October 2012, the xLab is an innovative exhibition space with a difference. Its aim is to showcase innovations and initiatives for urban improvement, where the public can get involved directly.
This is a space where the innovators meet with highly focused individuals, to further enable projects with an adequate business model as well as the capacity to scale, and to build community.
One of TEDxCapeTown’s main strengths is the ability to bring diverse groups of people together by building bridges across silos of expertise and passion. The xLab will offer an eye-catching and interactive presence at TEDxCity2.0 – to showcase your innovations, initiatives and ideas for Cape Town.
Cape Town is one of 69 cities taking part in TEDxCity2.0, a chance for all of us to re-consider our cities and how we want them to be! How do you want your city to be?
Ideas + Action = Engagement
- Find My Way: FindMyWay is about to change the lives of commuters forever at the touch of a fingertip. Public transport times and information are now made readily accessible through mobile phones. @FindMyWayZA
- Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA): An independent, non-profit, membership-based organization that aims to ensure that all buildings are built and operated in an environmentally sustainable way, so that all South Africans work and live in healthy, effective and productive environments housing/infrastructure @GBCSA
- In/formal South: In/formal South specializes in urban ecosystem planning with an emphasis on the relationship between infrastructure, equality and development capable of growing communities that flourish, live abundantly and are resilient.
- Snap Photography: Empowering learners from developing communities with the skill of photography. Our “snappers” become agents of change through visual testimonies of social issues within their communities.
- Open Streets Cape Town: Open Streets celebrates the power of public space, free & safe mobility, and healthy communities. Modeled after Bogota’s Ciclovia, it consists of a temporary network of car-free areas and routes throughout the city. @OpenStreetsCT
- Name Your Hood: Name Your Hood is an interactive campaign to unearth creative and functional neighbourhood names in South Africa’s urban centres. Soon to launch in Gugulethu. @NameYourHood
For any additional information contact the xLab organisers